If you don’t eat a ridiculous amount of cookie dough while baking, are you even human? While experimenting with cookie recipes I may have eaten a few (or few dozen) spoonfuls of the raw cookie mix. I decided that this dough deserves to be the star of it’s own dish. Thus, the Almond butter cookie ball was born. 🙂
These are no-bake balls so basically you get the goodness and flavour of raw cookie dough, but even better, covered in dark chocolate. Don’t worry about eating half of the mix while prepping because these are composed of only good quality, nutrient-dense ingredients. So it’s totally acceptable. 😉
This is the perfect high protein snack alongside a nice cuppa. I don’t know about you but a biscuit just doesn’t cut it for me. I could easily eat half a packet and still feel dissatisfied. One of these rich, decadent Almond butter cookie balls however, is perfectly satisfying and will give your sweet tooth (and your general health) a treat and a half.
All you need is 5 ingredients, one bowl and a pair of ball-making hands 🙂
Almond butter cookie balls
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g oat flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein optional
- 100 g almond butter smooth
- 50 g 70% dark chocolate melted
- Mix the ground almonds, oats and protein powder in a bowl
- Add the almond butter and keep stirring until the mix comes together into a dough. Add a very small amount of water if you need more moisture to combine the dough
- You should have a firm dough at this point. Place in the fridge for 5-10 mins to harden up a bit. This makes the mix easier to handle with your hands
- After cooling, divide the mix into around 9 golf ball sized balls. Roll each one gently between the palms of your hands until you have a smooth ball
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and using a skewer or a fork, pick up each ball one at a time and dip the top half into the chocolate. Carefully place the ball on a lined plate/tray, chocolate side up. Sprinkle the top with a tiny pinch of salt
- Leave to cool in the fridge for around 30 minutes until the chocolate is hard & Enjoy!