Carrot cake oatmeal is one of my favourite breakfasts to make because it combines a healthy breakfast with a dessert. If you love carrot cake, you’re going to really enjoy this recipe! It contains all of the spice and everything nice. 🙂
The grated carrot in these oats help to bulk up your bowl, add extra nutrients and also make this into a legit carrot cake batter-like mix.
These oats are super simple to make. All you need is 6 ingredients and 10 minutes.
You can eat these hot or cold. For a cosy autumn-y breakfast I’d go with a hot steaming bowl of this oatmeal. To eat the oats like a summery dessert, try them cold as overnight oats, maybe with some vanilla greek yoghurt. DE-lish!
Spiced carrot cake oatmeal
- 40 g oats
- 20 g whole chia seeds (optional – adds extra fibre and bulk)
- 1 small grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon depending on how much you love cinnamon
- 200 ml cashew milk or could use any milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat
- Stir frequently until the oats and chia seeds swell and cook
- Add more liquid if you prefer a thinner consistency. I like mine quite thick and batter-like
- Serve warm in a bowl and drizzle with the maple syrup or nut butter and a pinch of sea salt
- If you want these cold, combine all ingredients (no need to cook), store in the fridge for a couple of hours and enjoy as overnight oats or as a healthy dessert