I am obsessed with anything and everything cinnamon flavoured. If you’re a cinnamon fan like me you are going to love this recipe! These magical Cinnamon roll protein balls come together beautifully with no sugar, lots of spice and everything nice.
I wanted to make an authentic cinnamon roll look and taste so I had to include a vanilla glaze for the top. It’s so simple yet steps this ball up so many notches.
In terms of the nutrition stuff, these balls are packed with protein, healthy fats and antioxidants. Super powerful balls they are.
These work perfectly as a quick snack or sweet treat fix alongside a coffee. They are quite dense and filling so one or two balls will satisfy your inner snacker.
All you need is 6 simple ingredients and 1 bowl.
If you want more of my favourite protein ball flavours try these out:
Cinnamon Roll Protein balls
- 100 g smooth almond butter could sub with any nut butter but I like the subtle almond flavour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g oat flour blended oats
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1.5 scoop vanilla protein My fave is Kinetica vanilla
- grated orange zest for garnishing 🙂
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix the oat flour, ground almonds, 1 scoop of protein and cinnamon in a bowl and mix until combined
- Add the almond butter and stir well until you have a thick dough. You might need to add a very small splash of water or nut milk at this point if the mix isnt coming together
- Put the mix in the fridge for 15 mins to let it harden slightly. It will be easier to handle at this point
- Remove from fridge and roll into around 9 small balls
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl/cup, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds – you just want to melt until its slightly soft
- Add half scoop of protein powder to the coconut oil and mix until completely smooth
- Drizzle the glaze on your protein balls and top with a sprinkle of orange zest