I always try to make all of my recipes chocolate flavoured, ’cause chocolate. Am I right? 🙂 This bowl of double chocolate oatmeal is so luxurious and the perfect way to start the day.
This oatmeal is double chocolate because I’ve added cocoa powder to the base to make it super rich and then I’ve also added some crushed dark chocolate on top which gets all melty and sexy. It’s amazing how far one square of chocolate will stretch when you crush it on your oats. 😉
This bowl is high in protein, packed with complex carbs to give you a steady release of energy and obviously full of chocolatey feel-good vibes.
All you need for this recipe is 5 simple ingredients and a bowl.
If you don’t have protein powder, no worries, you can leave it out. I love Kinetica chocolate protein powder for this recipe 🙂
Double chocolate oats
- 50 g oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder optional
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 square dark chocolate crushed with a knife
- ~250 ml milk of choice quantity depends on how thick you want your oatmeal to be but I use around 250ml
- Pinch sea salt for topping (don't knock til you try 🙂 )
- Add oats and milk to saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously
- The oats should cook after around 5 mins and begin to thicken, then add in cocoa powder and stir well
- Remove from heat and transfer the oats to your bowl. Stir in the protein powder quickly until it's completely mixed in and the oats are creamy
- Top with the crushed choc and sea salt & enjoy
- Note: You can also make this in the microwave if you don’t have access to a saucepan and hob. Just cook the oats at 1 minute intervals until a thick consistency. Make sure to add the protein powder after cooking not before. 🙂