I always wondered what it would be like to be able to control the amount of stuffing that goes into an oreo. So I did just that and the result was beautiful. 🙂 These homemade double stuffed oreos are so much better than the shop bought biscuits. Full of a rich chocolatey flavour, bigger in size and more nutritiously dense.
These double stuffed oreos are perfect for dunking into a cold glass of milk or a cuppa tae. At least when you eat a biscuit you made from scratch by yourself you can kind of justify eating a load of them, am I right? lol. But that being said, these oreos have a much better nutrition profile than a regular oreo.
These are high protein and have zero refined sugar or refined flour. I used oat flour for the base and honey to sweeten. You could also use maple syrup.
All you need is 7 simple ingredients and 1 bowl.
If you want more healthy sweet treats, check these out:
Double Stuffed Oreos
- Large bowl
- Baking tray
- small glass or circular cookie cutter
- 100 g oat flour
- 50 g butter or coconut oil
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 60 g honey/maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- For the filling:
- 30 g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder could sub with a spoon of ground almonds or coconut flour if you dont have protein powder
- Mix the oat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl
- Add the melted butter/coconut oil and honey. Mix well until you have a dough. Put the dough ball into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up slightly
- Place the firmed dough on a tray with baking parchment and using your hands, flatten until you have spread the mixture to about 1/2 inch thickness.(use a rolling pin if you need) Cut out the oreos one by one using the cookie cutter or a small glass. Carefully place each oreo on a lined baking tray
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcuis for 5-7 minutes. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn easily. They should be slightly golden brown but not dark brown when baked. Leave to cool completely
- For the filling/stuffing: Mix room temperature coconut oil (not melted)with the vanilla extract and protein powder with a fork until you have a smooth paste
- Spread around a tsp of the vanilla stuffing on the oreo and sandwich together with another oreo. Repeat and enjoy 🙂