Would life be worth living without (protein) pancakes? I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure pancakes are just a pure necessity in life. Generally, pancakes tend not to be “healthy” as most of us probably know. So I’ve removed the refined flour and sugar and replaced them with more nutrient-dense ingredients: oat flour and banana.
After some tweaks, several attempts, and LOTS of tasting ( 😉 ), I’ve mastered a thick and fluffy stack of protein-packed blueberry pancakes.
The oats and banana in this pancake recipe provide you with extra nutrients and a sustainable source of energy.
All you need to make these is 5 simple ingredients. The protein powder is optional for those who want to pack in some extra protein!
Easy protein pancakes
- blender/nutri bullet
- frying pan
- large spoon/ladle
- Mixing bowl
- 30 g oat flour blended oats ( use gluten free if you want GF pancakes)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder use vegan protein if you want dairy free pancakes
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 mashed banana (small)
- 1 egg medium
- 50 g blueberries
- Mix oat flour, protein powder and baking powder in a bowl
- Add the egg and mashed banana and stir well until it forms a batter
- Add spoonful of the batter to a hot, lightly oiled frying pan & reduce to medium heat
- When pancake starts to settle on pan ( small bubbles will appear after about 2 mins ), add a few blueberries into the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook further for around 2 minutes.
- The mix should make around 3-4 small pancakes