I like to play around with new recipes so I decided to try out a low carb/keto pancake recipe 🙂 The aim here was to create a fluffy pancake with a normal texture and great flavour without being too heavy and brittle. I pleasantly surprised myself with this one!
These pancakes are light, fluffy and perfectly sweet.
I love the fact that they’re Keto-friendly too. (only 6.5g carbs per serving) The low carb content means that I don’t feel that heavy carb coma after a stack of these babies.
I used ground almonds and coconut flour as the main ingredients here instead of regular flour. They are nutty and fragrant as a result 🙂
Try adding a handful of blueberries to the pancake mix if you want to get fancy!
Low carb/Keto Pancakes
- frying pan
- 50 g ground almonds
- 65 g coconut flour
- 50 g butter
- 125 ml cream could also use double cream
- 4 eggs medium
- 4 tbsp stevia or use sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix ground almonds, coconut flour, stevia, cinnamon in a bowl
- Add melted butter ( cooled ), cream and 4 eggs
- Mix well until combined to form a thick batter
- Using a ladle, spoon a scoop of the mixture onto a hot, oiled frying pan & repeat until mix is used up
- Turn pan to medium heat and give the pancakes around 2 minutes to brown, then using a spatual, carefully flip to cook other side ( at this point you can add the blueberries to the pancakes if you opt for them )
- When slightly browned on both sides, remove and serve with toppings of choice!