Sometimes ya just want a quick & easy sweet treat that doesn’t require using an oven and half of the kitchen contents. 🙂 Am I right? These no bake granola bars are ridiculously easy to make! All you need to do is whip up the mix, flatten into a tray and leave to set in the fridge!
These are full of nutrient-dense ingredients and contain no refined sugar. I’ve sweetened them with a little honey and added a sprinkle of salt. This gives a really nice sweet n’ salty flavour.
These no bake granola bars are basically a protein bar since they pack in 9g protein per serving. Not bad for a sweet treat 😉 I was just thinking after I made these that you could definitely try adding in a scoop of vanilla protein powder to this mix. Who doesn’t want the extra gains? 😛
Also, I want to point out that they cost a measly 25 cent per bar!! So basically you can have this whole batch of bars for less than one single granola bar from the shop. 😉
Anyone can make these! All you need is 7 simple ingredients and 1 bowl.
No bake Granola bars
- square tray/dish
- 30 g coconut oil melted
- 80 g honey
- 150 g smooth almond butter make sure its runny consistency
- 200 g whole oats
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- 25 g chocolate melted for drizzle on top
- 15 g crushed pecans for topping optional
- Mix the coconut oil, honey and almond butter in a bowl until combined
- Add the oats & coconut and stir in until combined well
- You should have a slightly soft and sticky mix that you can easily flatten into your square tray/dish (if not, add slightly more coconut oil/almond butter)
- Flatten the mix into your greaseproof lined dish until compact and even.
- Drizzle with your melted choc and crushed nuts
- Leave to set in fridge for at least 30 minutes, ideally 1 hour +. The longer they are in the fridge the firmer they will be! Enjoy 🙂