I am a massive fan of banana bread and didn’t realise I could step up the original recipe until I made this: Peanut butter and Chocolate Chip Banana bread.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate (who doesn’t), you’ll know the flavours go really well together. Throw bananas in the mix and it’s a dream for your tastebuds.
I kept this recipe on the healthy side. It’s full of nutritious ingredients, no refined sugar and no refined flour involved. So it makes a great nourishing snack or grab on-the-go breakfast. If you want to keep it gluten free, just use gluten free oats.
All you need is 9 simple ingredients and 1 Bowl.
If you like this recipe check these out:
Peanut butter-Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- large mixing bowl
- loaf tin
- blender/food processor (for oat flour)
- 150 g oat flour
- 3 small bananas mashed
- 50 g greek yoghurt (I like the glenisk strained high protein yoghurt)
- 50 g maple syrup
- 80 g melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 small eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 50 g dark chocolate Chips
- Mash 2 of the bananas (save 1 for later) in a bowl and add in yoghurt, maple syrup, melted butter (cooled) and eggs. Beat well until combined
- Add in oat flour, baking powder and half of the chocolate chips. Stir until you have a thick batter
- Transfer mix to a greaseproof-lined loaf tin and spread evenly
- Add the peanut butter across the top of the bread and swirl through with a fork
- Add the remaining chocolate chips on top and cut the last banana in half lengthways and place on top of the bread (cut side up)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 1 hour. Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting