These Peanut butter protein balls are my new favourite healthy snack. They are literally taste like raw cookie dough with the added bonus of extra protein power. Perfect for all occasions; On the go for early mornings, before or after a workout, to pack in your bag for snacking emergencies, to satisfy that stubborn sweet tooth in the evenings, the list goes on..
I used to be a sucker for spending my dolla bills on protein bars and protein balls. Generally these are €3 a pop which is quite pricey for what you’re getting. I do love a cheeky Fulfil bar or 2 as a treat but now I’ve created a cheaper, and healthier option.
Protein balls are little lifesavers when it comes to snacking on the go. Full on meal prep is great and all but for snacking it’s not exactly convenient to whip out a tupperware full of chicken and veg as you’re legging it to work. Not to mention the people around you will be less than impressed with the whiff of cooped up broccoli. ( Cya later friends )
If you love peanut butter and you love cookie dough but you want to keep your gains ( fuel those muscles right 😉 ), my peanut butter cookie balls are right up your alley.
All you need is 6 simple ingredients and one bowl.
Peanut butter protein balls
- Mixing bowl
- food processor/blender
- 50 g oat flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 100 g smooth peanut butter
- 1.5 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 30 g dark chocolate chips
- 50 ml almond milk
- Place all dry ingredients into bowl – oat flour, ground almonds, protein powder – mix well.
- Add peanut butter and stir to form a firm dough.
- Add almond milk slowly as needed to create a dough that resembles cookie dough.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well
- Divide the mix into 10 balls and roll with your hand until smooth and evenly shaped.
- Put protein balls into fridge for 15-30 minutes to set and enjoy!