Peanut butter or any nut butter for that matter is life for me. Peanut butter is the main ingredient in this simple 1 bowl cookie recipe and is a great way to add healthy fat to the mix. This cookie makes the perfect handy snack or accompaniment for a nice cuppa. They’re slightly crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy in the centre.
Peanut butter being the main ingredient here adds some good fats, protein and a load of flavour! There’s a whole 7g of protein per cookie which was totally accidental but totally cool with me. The flour I chose is oat flour which is easily accessible for most people. ( Just grab regular oats and blend into flour! ) AND this flour makes the recipe gluten free for those who are gluten intolerant/sensitive. Just opt for a gluten free oat blend.
My favourite thing about this recipe besides the eating part, is the fact that this is such a simple recipe & method. All you need is 6 ingredients and 1 bowl.
Easy 1 bowl peanut butter cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Food processor
- 80 g oat flour
- 80 g smooth peanut butter (melt slightly in microwave if hard)
- 30 coconut sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 g chocolate chips
- 50 ml almond milk
- Add oat flour, coconut sugar and chocolate chips to a bowl and mix well.
- Add peanut butter but make sure it is not firm. If you need to soften, put in microwave for a minute or 2 to melt.
- Add egg yolks and stir to comine.
- Add the almond milk to create a firm dough. Don't add too much milk as you don't want a wet mix.
- Divide into 6 balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Press down and flatten each ball slightly to form a cookie shape.
- Bake in a hot preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 10-12 minutes until golden in colour.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.