Peanut butter and dark chocolate is one of my fave flavour combos! So I’ve recreated Reeses peanut butter cups with less sugar and carbohydrates, making these cups keto-friendly 🙂
Because of the high cocoa content (I used 85% dark chocolate but you can use whatever you like), these are really rich and super satisfying. One PB cup is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth 😉 If you don’t like really dark chocolate, you can always use milk chocolate. I like to go for the dark stuff because it means I won’t go crazy eating the whole batch! Dark chocolate is much more satiating than milk choc.
These are so damn easy to make. All you need is 3 simple ingredients.
I also made a peanut butter and jelly version of these cups. All you need to do is add a spoon of berry chia jam to each cup along with the peanut butter. The combo is SO good!
Peanut butter cups
- cupcake cases
- 150 g dark chocolate I used 85% but you can choose a lower cocoa content for sweeter cups
- 60 g smooth peanut butter
- 15 g coconut oil
- Melt half of the chocolate in a bowl. If using the microwave, melt at 30 second intervals until completely melted down.
- Then melt half of the coconut oil and add to the melted chocolate- stir in well until combined
- Divide this mix between the 6 cupcake cases to fill an even layer on the bottom
- Place the cases on a plate in the freezer for 5 minutes until hard
- Then remove from freezer and add 10g of peanut butter to the centre of each case. Return the cups to the freezer for another 5 minutes
- Melt the rest of your chocolate and add the 2nd half of melted coconut oil
- Add this chocolate to the cups to add a layer on top of the peanut butter layer. Put in the fridge for 5-10 minutes until set and enjoy! 🙂