Peanut butter and Jelly (jam), you just can’t beat that combo. They’ve been a match made in heaven for a long time now, and for good reason 🙂 I love a good hearty bowl of oats in the morning but it needs to be something worth getting out of bed for if ya know what I’m sayin’. 😉
This bowl of Peanut butter and Jelly oats are definitely worth it. The rich and creamy peanut-y oats combined with the tart chia jam just work so well together.
It’s such an easy breakfast and super nourishing too:
The oats give you nice slow releasing carbs, giving you lasting energy for the morning.
The peanut butter is full of healthy fats, keeping you fuller for longer.
Finally, the chia jam is low sugar, packed with fruit, fibre and more healthy fats from the chia seeds.
You could also opt to make this as overnight oats and eat cold instead of hot. Just make the oatmeal as normal in the evening, set in a jar/bowl overnight in the fridge and then the next morning, top with your creamy peanut butter and chia jam. YUM 🙂
Peanut butter and Jelly oats
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (I love pip n nut smooth pb)
- 50 g oats
- ~200 ml milk of choice can use regular milk or a nut milk of choice
- 30 g chia jam
- Add milk to oats and cook in a saucepan or in microwave until cooked through. (around 2-3 minutes) Add more milk if the mix is not to your liking. The consistency should be creamy and thick.
- Add 1 tbsp of peanut butter to the cooked oats and stir through
- Top the oatmeal with the remaining peanut butter and 2 tbsp of berry chia jam. Enjoy!