I love a good omelette for breakfast, or at any meal for that matter. I also love pizza but pizza for breakfast probably isn’t always the wisest idea. ( Maybe on your birthday ) If there’s a way to make eggs resemble pizza then I am all in. This pizza frittata does just that. 🙂
Aside from the pizza flavour of this frittata, there are also so many nutritional benefits to get excited about. This meal is packed with protein, fibre, fats and lots of veggies. I’m always so full and set up for the day after this meal! It’s also pretty low carb so if you’re into that kinda thing, this one’s for you. And if you’re a carb lover like me, this one is still for you because it gives you all the pizza feels.
All you need is 7 ingredients and 1 frying pan.
This meal is perfect for any time of the day, not just breakfast! Sometimes I prepare this in advance and store away in the fridge for the following day or 2. It stays perfectly fresh and flavoursome for at least 2 days.
- frying pan
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 turkey sausages (optional)
- 3 tbsp spicy tomato salsa
- 30 g low fat grated cheese
- Dice peppers, onions and turkey sausages and fry on medium heat with a little oil. Cook until they have browned slightly.
- Beat the whole eggs and egg whites together and add to the veggies and sausages in the frying pan. Turn to low heat.
- Add the salsa around the omelette and sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly to cover the top.
- Finish cooking the top of the omelette under the grill for 2-3 minutes until golden ( this one is not for flipping! )
- Slice into slices and enjoy!