If I could make everything salted caramel flavour, I’d be a happy gal! I am obsessed with this flavour and these salted caramel protein balls are perfect to satisfy my cravings. 😉
Made with only 5 ingredients, these are so simple to make. No bake – just add all ingredients into a bowl/food processor and roll into cute little balls of deliciousness.
These are great to have on the side of a tea or coffee or as a sneaky snack during a busy day. There’s a whopping 8g protein per ball! Because they are high protein and packed with healthy fats, they’ll keep you fuelled for a good while.
Also, they cost 25 cent per ball. TWENTY FIVE cent versus €2.50/€3 for a protein bar in the shop. It’s a no-brainer 🙂
Salty, sweet, fudgey and protein packed!
Salted caramel protein balls
- blender/food processor/nutri bullet
- Large bowl
- 3 medjool dates (if youre stuck, use regular dates)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 50 g oat flour blended oats
- 50 g ground almonds
- 100 g smooth peanut butter
- Good Pinch of sea salt
- Mix oat flour with ground almonds, protein powder and salt in a large bowl
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds until runny & add to the dry mix
- Add 2 tbsp hot water to the medjool dates in a separate bowl and leave for a min to soften
- Mash the dates until you have a sticky paste
- Add dates to the large bowl of protein ball mix and stir everything to combine – you should need to add a tbsp of water to the mix to make sure everything comes together into a dough
- Leave mix in fridge for 30 mins to firm up. Spoon out some dough and roll in your hands into a smooth ball Repeat until mix is gone. Should make around 8 balls!
Calories 161 Fat 10g Carbohydrate 10g Protein 8g