I am a massive fan of cheesecake! Ever since I was introduced to the Cheesecake Factory in the US, I’ve been converted. These strawberry cheesecake pots are the perfect little healthy dessert fix that will also satisfy your cheesy cravings!
These are a great option for a last minute dessert or you can even have one for breakfast. Packed with protein and good nutrition, who wouldn’t want that cheesecake for their first meal of the day?
So easy to make its almost ridiculous. Just 5 minutes and some chill time in the fridge and voila, you have a delish cheesecake in a glass.
I used quark for the base of this recipe which is a thick, high protein cheese. It’s very similar to the texture of greek yoghurt but with more of a cheesecake quality. I chose strawberries for this but you could use any fruit of your choice.
The chia seeds make a great jam-like mix when combined with the strawberries while also adding extra fibre and healthy fats.
All you need for this recipe is 5 simple ingredients!
If you like healthy desserts, check these out:
Strawberry Cheesecake Pots
- Glass / Jar
- 200 g quark cheese (low fat)
- 150 g strawberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put half of the strawberries in a bowl and add the chia seeds and 2 tbsp hot water. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Remove from microwave and stir well, leave aside while you assemble the cheesecake pots. The chia seeds will thicken with time and create a jam-like mix
- Add the maple syrup/honey and vanilla to the quark and mix well
- Add the remaining strawberries to your glass/jar and top with the quark mix
- Add the strawberry chia jam mix on top of the cheesecake pots and top with a strawberry
- Leave in the fridge to set for at least 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with some crushed nuts (or crushed biscuits if youre feeling wild) and enjoy!